October 8, 2019 - Clarion County Board of Commissioners Meeting Agenda
Notice: The following actions have been discussed and approved by the Board of Commissioners but have not been approved for the meeting's minutes. These actions will be approved for minutes during the next Board of Commissioners Meeting. Please check the County Calendar for the next meeting date.
· Work Session on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019 at 10AM in the conference room
· Commissioner/Salary/Retirement Board meeting on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 at 10 AM in the conference room
· Roads to Recovery will host Trunk or Treat night on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at the Clarion County Human Services Parking Lot from 5pm – 7pm.
1. Proclamation – Proclaiming October 2019 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
2. Contract on behalf of Public Safety with Centre Communications for routine maintenance services to the county’s emergency communications radio equipment. Cost: $24,900/year. Term: 10/1/2019 – 12/31/2020.
3. Letter of Support for NWPA Job Connect’s “Community Connections” youth reentry demonstration proposal.
4. Request to use the Veteran’s Memorial Park from Trinity Church of God for their live nativity on December 6 and 7, 2019.
5. Request to be exempt from the 2019 per capita tax from two residents in Madison Township.
6. Environmental Review for 516 Main Street, Knox, PA housing units to be entered into the Housing for Homeless and Disabled Persons Project
7. Public Safety. New Hire. Kaitlin Hockenberry to fill the vacant position of 911 Telecommunicator Trainee. Full time, non-exempt, 36/48 hours/week. Salary: $10.66/hour. Effective Date: 9/24/2019.
8. CYS. Reposition of Joshua Dippold from Emergency Appointment to Regular Civil Service Employee in accordance to the collective bargaining agreement with UMWA. Effective date: 9/27/2019. Same salary, $28,267.20, full time, 40 hours/week, non-exempt.
9. CYS. New Hire. Brenda Ciancio to fill the vacant position of County Caseworker 1. Full time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week. Effective Date: 10/14/2019. Salary: $28.267.20.
10. Corrections. New Hires. Erica Peterson, Brian Martin, and Jeremy Benson to fill the vacant positions of part time Corrections Officers. Part time, non-exempt, no more than 29 hours/week. Effective Date: 10/2/2019. Salaries: $12.00/hour.
11. Resignation of Kevin Latchaw (CYS) effective 10/11/2019, resignation of Tyler Lencer (911) effective 9/28/2019.
12. Multiple contract amendments on behalf of CYS for fiscal year 2019/2020.
a. Next Step Pregnancy Solutions
b. Allegheny-Clarion Valley School District
c. Community Action Transitional Housing
e. Kids Count Family Psychological
f. Mars Home for Youth
g. Youth Connection
13. Contract on behalf of CYS with Bethesda Children’s Hospital for residential-community placements, mother/baby program. Term: 7/1/2019 – 6/30/2020. Cost: $45 - $379.25/day. County match: 10-20%.
14. Contract on behalf of CYS with JusticeWorks YouthCare for truancy remediation services and supervised visitations. Term: 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019.
· Just Care: $272,000 max. County Match: 20%
· Why Try: $47,896 max. County Match: 5%
· NPP: $50,000 max. County Match: 5%
· FGDM: $34,000 max. County Match: 5%
· VIP: $50,000 max. County Match: 10%.
· FTM: $30,000 max. County Match: 5%
· Visit Coaching: $75,000 max. County Match: 5%
· STOPP: $57,000 max. County Match: 20%
· Supervised Visits: $108,000 max. County Match: 20%
15. Multiple contract renewals on behalf of CYS with terms from 7/1/2019 – 6/30/2020.
a. Harborcreek for residential services, institutional based. Cost: $275/day, county match: 20%. RTF-MA funded $80-$378/day.
b. Pentz Run Youth Services for community residential services for dependent and delinquent youth. Cost: $113.35 - $149.70/day, county match: 20%.
c. Pathways Adolescent Center for community residential and independent living placement. Cost: $150-$185/day. County Match: 10-20%.
d. BI Inc for unit rental charge/monitoring service charge. Cost: $0.83 - $4.34/day. County Match: 20%.
e. Perseus House for intensive treatment units, residential, shelter, mother/baby community residential services, RTF services. Cost: MA funded $217.70 to $564.56/day + incidentals. Per diems: $202.81 to $329.09/day. County Match: 10-20% for incidentals.
f. George Junior Republic for residential placements and multiple services. Cost: $78.99 - $326.36/day. County Match: 10-40%.
g. Keystone Adolescent Center for foster care and community residential placements. Cost: $75.43 - $182.66/day. County Match: 10-20%.
h. LifeSpan Family Services of PA for specialized foster care services. Cost: $58.50 - $114.06/day. County Match: 20%.
i. Adelphoi Village for community residential services. Cost: $76.45 - $395.43/day. County Match: 20%.